Ground Stabilization Systems provide a system of mats that interlock and traps the loose ground surface within a honeycomb grid that stops erosion and stabilizes the surfaces so that foot and vehicle access areas can be permanently reinforced. We have five different stabilization systems depending on your requirements.
Ground Stabilization Systems
EcoGrid range of Porous Pavers
Last year, nearly 15 million grids were produced and were used for a variety of schemes all over the globe. EcoGrid has been in production for over 20 years with a vast amount of successful projects so that they can offer a 20-year guarantee on the grids for all uses.
As a substitute for paving stones, asphalt and concrete, EcoGrid provide a cost-effective and environmentally friendly solution for both homeowners and contractors. Once installed they can be filled and finished with a choice of mixtures, ranging from pea shingle, decorative stone, or if required a soil and grass seed mix.
EcoGrid Porous Pavers come in a variety of options with weight limits ranging from 160 tonnes per sqm to 500 tonnes per sqm filled, also a variety of colour’s if required.
- Size: 330mm x 330mm, Depth: 30mm, 40mm and 50mm
- Material – High quality Recycled LDPE (Low Density Poly Ethylene)
- Life Span and Guarantee: 30+ years
- Max Weight Loading: 500+ tonnes per sqm
- Colours: Black, Green and Terracotta
- Patented locking and connection system
- UV Stabilized
- CE Certified
- Not affected by extreme weather condition
Grass / Sand Grid
The Grass/Sand Grid is manufactured from high quality 100% recycled PP/PE and features a simple latch design, enabling each grid to be connected together quickly and efficiently.
- Car Parks
- Lawn Reinforcement
- Emergency Access Routes
- Animal Encolsures
- Golf Courses
- Utility and Infrastructure Projects
- Events, Festivals and Music Concerts
- Ground Protection
- Landscape and Groundworks
- Size: 485mm x 485mm x 40mm (+/-5%) 4.4 tiles = 1m2
- Weight: 1.05kg per tile
- Weight loading: Type 1 (light duty) – 160 tonnes per m2, Type 2 (medium duty) – 240 tonnes per m2, Type 3 (heavy duty) – 500 tonnes per m2
- Material: polyethylene 100% recycled and 100% recyclable – withstands frost and UV radiation
- Natural Stability: temperature – 30C to 180C
- Lightweight yet strong and durable design – Unique “geometric” design
- Can be stored and transported easily and effectively
- Unique design which allows water to disperse and allows grass growth in all directions
- Connection: 8 connection latches
- Standard colour of green
- Can be secured to the ground – 4 anchoring pins
- UV Stabilized and unaffected by the weather
- Per 15 sqm of grids: approximately 1 tonne of decorative stone is needed.
The GP-Flex® matting has been tested for slip resistance to BS 7976-2 and when tested along with other grass protection meshes, it showed an improvement of over 33% in comparison.
GP-Flex® grass stabilization system is manufactured using a unique method of extrusion (patent pending), enabling the incorporation of a slip resistant surface and by re-designing the profile, has made the mesh more flexible enabling a quicker installation.
GP-Flex® is available in three grades:
1000 gram m2, 1400 gram m2, 1800 gram m2
- 1000g: Suitable for pedestrians, wheelchair access, occasional car use such as temporary car parks or access.
- 1400g: Suitable for occasional use of light commercial vehicles, caravans and 4×4’s
- 1800g: Suitable for occasional use of HGV’s access routes for fire engines and refuse trucks.
Ground safe Rubber Matting
Ground safe is an impact absorbing natural rubber matting for safe surfacing in playgrounds and other outdoor public areas.
- Enhanced ground drainage and erosion protection in areas of frequent foot traffic
- Simple installation with no dangerous chemicals or adhesives
- Proven alternative to wet-pour or rubber tile safety surfaces
- Easy maintenance - grass can be cut with a conventional mower once established
- Overall height 23mm
- Slip Resistance = Slip resistance Level 3
- Connectable = Mats are connectable and join together
- Outdoor = Suitable for outdoor use
- Environments = Dry Zone and Wet Zone
- Sizes 100 x 150 cm
- Model Reference GS1015
This matting type has been independently tested by an accredited laboratory to give the following results.
- Critical Fall Height : 2.8m
- Tested in accordance with BSEN 1177-1998
- Ignition: Best flammability safety category
- Tested in accordance with BS7188 : 1998 Method 7.
Greenkeeper Natural Rubber Mats
Greenkeeper is a natural rubber matting for discreet soil retention and erosion control on golf courses and other outdoor public pathways. This sturdy 23 mm thick hollow mat will protect the surface while allowing grass to grow back through the mat thus maintaining the green and fresh appearance of your lawn. Ideal for helping slopes to stabilize and prevent slippage.
- Moulded anti-slip cellular structure allows grass to penetrate, establishing a firm bond to the ground and effectively hiding the matting
- Provides safety and traction on steep paths
- Simple and economical installation
- Easy maintenance – grass can be cut with a conventional mower once established.
- Overall height 22mm
- Model Reference GK1015
- Size 100 x 150cm