Coil racking solutions provide a safe and easy storage system for storing various coils such as cables and wire as well as rolls of plastic, carpets and other products that are difficult to use on regular pallet racking.
Typically, the system comprises the uprights and a spindle that goes through the centre of the coil which allows for the unwinding of the product, or the spindle can be lifted from the racking using a forklift truck for movement around the warehouse or factory.
Manufactured within the UK, the coil storage system features:
- Robust design, with all frames and beams commonly manufactured from heavy-duty steel sections.
- Individual structural calculations to ensure that the most cost-effective solution is provided.
- Options for single or double-sided units with a wide range of painted or galvanized finishes.
- Vertical adjust ability on all spindle levels.
- Drum location collars available.
Coil Racking Components
Within the vast range of projects already completed, this system has stored items such as:
- Electrical cable drums*
- Steel Coil
- Rolls of paper
*When used in this application, the cable can be run out from drums.
Coil racking for cables and wires, where the storage racking can be used for unwinding the cables as required.
Storage system for paper and carpets the various sized spindles can carry a wide range of products.
Features and Benefits
- All products comply with current British Standards
- A minimum safety factor of 2.8 based on ultimate tensile strength.
- Maximum allowable weld stress of 115 N/mm2, with all welders, coded to BS4872.
- Spindles to carry 3000 kg per location.
- Standard heights of 2 metres to 6 meters.
- Bay sizes to specifically suit products to be stored.
- A flexible system that can be modified to suit changing product dimensions.