Wash kit is the first patented on-board polyethylene system for ready-mix concrete trucks, which allows for the operator to wash out the chute. This modern design allows you to wash the chute in compliance with environmental requirements while avoiding risks of contamination and penalties/fines.
Wash Kits For Concrete Mixers
The product is light, sturdy, and easy to maintain as concrete does not stick to it.
- Protects the environment:
- Avoids chute washout water spillage on the ground
- Prevents alkaline pollution and soiling at the delivery point
- Removes harmful washout water from construction sites
- Prevents contamination of underground and surface water
- Allows catching and re-use the washout water
- Supports sustainable development policies Facilitates compliance with environmental regulations
- Fully recyclable, chemical resistant, UV-stabilised PE Separates water from aggregates for easy recycling
Reduces water consumption allows batching plants to re-use the washout water Reduces water treatment/disposal related costs Lighter than metal alternatives, optimizes payload
Handy / Functional:
Allows to wash the chute anytime and anywhere Time-saving: No waiting at washout areas on work sites Easy to install, handle and use
Simple and durable:
Easy to maintain No mechanical parts Easy to clean: non-adherent/non-stick material and smooth surfaces Non-corroding polythene moulding Trouble free patented design with EU Design Registration
The AwayWash is available as a complete kit in 3 models (2 the same size) listed below.
Models with YE are Yellow and BK = Black
|Model Ref.||Height mm||Width mm||Depth mm||Weight KG|
Various fitment options (M8 x 15) Bead feature allows easy alignment of tape, tape supplied as standard
Integrated sieve with incorporated handles acts as a water baffle during transit and prevents any water from escaping 750 mm flexible hose for easy emptying
Can be retro-fitted Industrial quality mouldings, resists knocks and scuffing
The unique design collects the washout waste and separates the coarse material in a robust sieve designed for easy emptying.
At the batching plant, the containment tank is simply emptied through gravity by lowering the hose towards the settlement pits. There are no mechanical parts that could jam or require costly maintenance.
Cement powder, workable concrete and grout are extremely alkaline. Concrete also contains chromium, which is potentially polluting not only to watercourses but also to groundwater. Trucks, hoppers, mixers and concrete pumps that have contained concrete must be washed out in a contained area away from watercourses, surface water drains, storm-water drains, grids and channels to prevent pollution. Where possible, store and reuse washout water.
Washing out ready-mixed concrete trucks on-site
The Environment Agency publishes Pollution Prevention Guidelines, including PPG6 'Working at construction and demolition sites', a guideline that is intended to assist with those in the construction and demolition industry. This states that precautions must be taken to ensure the complete protection of watercourses and groundwater against pollution. Further, it states that 'Suitable provision should be made for the washing out of concrete mixing plant or ready-mixed concrete lorries. Such washings must not be allowed to flow into any drain or watercourse.' Ready-mixed concrete trucks should not be allowed to wash out anywhere other than the areas designated for the purpose.
Model CCRT2 45 Litre Wash Kit
- 45 litre capacities
- Comply with on-site washout policies
- Avoid ground contamination
- Easily separate wastewater from coarse materials
- Catch and reuse washout water
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Separates aggregates from water for easily quantified recycling of solids
- Reduces water consumption: allows batching plants to re-use the washout water
- Reduces water treatment / disposal related costs.
- Can be retrofitted
- Time saving: no waiting at washout areas on work sites
- Easy to install, handle and use.
PRODUCT FEATURES AS STANDARD
- Tray with integrated sieve with incorporated handles acts as a water baffle during transit and prevents any water escaping
- 750 mm flexible hose for easy emptying
- Built-in fixing points (M8 x 15) offer various fitment options
- Reflective tape applied
Spares and Product Codes
Drain Assembly Code CCRT-K
Concrete Wash Sieve Part CCRT-S-YE